NORTHBROOK KYU SHIN KAI JUDO CLUB WELCOME
Northbrook Kyu Shin Kai Judo club was started more than 30 years ago and has grown from strength to strength over the years
We are affiliated to the British Judo Association (BJA). We aim to provide the right balance for our students taking a structured approach to our teaching methodology. In this way we involve students in all aspects of judo depending on their preference and abilities.
In order that individuals can train in an appropriate environment in we hold different classes on different evenings which suit different ages and abilities, in addition to the different sessions we try to hold frequent club competitions open for younger students to experience and practice what it’s like to take part in a competitive event in a safe and friendly atmosphere.
We pride our club on being one big family and is also aimed at involving the local community. We believe there are a number of benefits for both young and older people to get people involved:
• Judo provides opportunities for young people to attend an established, professionally run club, run by qualified and dedicated coaches and volunteers and attended by students from different social environments
• Because Judo is a contact sport it is an excellent way of integrating people from different social backgrounds and installing respect and discipline.
• There is an ever increasing need for people to exercise and Judo is acknowledged as one of the best sports for obtaining and sustaining physical fitness in a fun way, which in turn is proven (fitness) to help a student’s mental wellness.
• Judo teaches and practices one to one physical sport in a controlled and managed way with a focus on fair play and respect – Also due to the recent COVID-19 outbreak we try our best to encourage a safe and hygienic environment in which to train
• Judo is a sport where people can practice as individuals as opposed to being in a team where only the best players are included and often other ‘team’ members are kept as ‘bench warmers’
• Judo has a structured grading system which provides the students with targets to aim for which is good for their personal development.
• Judo provides the opportunity to achieve the best you can in a safe environment and under the right guidance could progress into Olympic level.
We are very strict in our teaching of etiquette, courtesy, respect for yourself and for others and general good behaviour is expected at all times.
Our club is predominately a young person’s development club (although we do differentiate sessions to accommodate all abilities levels), which means that through our Junior Coaches development scheme occasional sessions are taught by junior coaches under the guidance and supervision of a qualified and insured (minimum) coaches coach
These sessions are only conducted under the strictest health and safety guidance.
We look forward to seeing you soon!